Monday 28 July 2014

Day 4 - Katakolon Part B



Lunch was okay - I wasn’t terribly impressed with the veal. It wasn’t tender and just tasted deep fried.  I enjoyed the cheese fritters though and managed to polish them off quite nicely!




My husband was amused by the bread selection and wanted to know what an oddly shaped bun was called. Our Indonesian server told him “I don’t know. I just call it a chicken’s foot.”  Every meal after that, my husband specifically requested the chickens foot when the bread server came round - probably just because he liked the sound of it!




After lunch we returned to our cabin for a snooze and then I played teatime roulette again.  This became one of my favorite games during the cruise. It is played by calling room service and asking for tea for two and then guessing what fascinating variation of the traditional pot of tea they will come up with next.  It seems their favourite was to put the milk in the tea pot and the water in the milk jug but we did once get the milk in a small milk jug - albeit it hot and frothed.  It was a fun game and enlivened the afternoons.


   












I must say though - I never once got a cappuccino that was anything short of perfection.  When I commented one night to our waiter, Ivan, about how good the coffee he made us was, he simply shrugged nonchalantly and said “But of course. I’m Italian.”


That night was the first gala night and as we approached La Palmeraie we could smell the rich fragrance of the crepe suzettes in the chaffing dish by the entrance.  Yummy!  The menu this evening was very good and everything was super yummy.





Afterwards we went to the show - I can't for the life of me remember what it was about but it was very good and we both enjoyed it very much.  On the way back to our cabin we stopped off in the uncrowded One Lounge for a lemoncillo and to check out the snack options.  Nothing appealed but thats not unusual for me as I’m not a huge fan of sweets and they had a lot of those out.  I did find some spicy snails which I photographed for my eldest. They must be an acquired taste because there was nothing about them that called out to me - "Eat me! I'm tasty!"  They looked slimy and horrid.


And another perfect sunset to compliment a pretty darned perfect day!







No comments:

Post a Comment